- · Welcomed prospective Board members. Roseanne spoke 1:1 with each of them then gave presentation focused on actions required to accomplish BRUN goals. Provided handout listing actions/activities discussed.
- · Jay is on Regis University Community Council. Will ask for assistance from Regis for website/ membership help.
- · Sharon and Jennifer have a phone conference with Stacy Simonet, Administrator of Communications and Technology Solutions with Denver City Council, Legislative Services on December 22nd for assistance and guidance for membership management and website.
Prospective Board Members:
Jenna Farley – 5th generation N Denver resident. 50th & Osceola. Long invested in neighborhood. Background in non profits (programs for kids) in N Denver. Former employee of Regis, father was a professor. Can provide outreach especially North of I-70
Consults with Colorado Women’s Lobby. To engage citizens to engage with their governments. Previously worked on the state level. Would like to branch out and work with city movements.
From Miami. Lived in Boulder for 1 year. Lives on Tennyson. Wants to be plugged into the community. Corporate attorney with Western Union. He was the treasurer Community Cycles (a group that recycled bicycles that are then given to kids) Community Cycles had lots of engagement with city council. Good communication skills as a lawyer. Has instagram account for him and his dog. Has some knowledge about websites.
Architect 39th and Winona. Architecture is a passion. New practice 2 years ago. Works at the college of planning. Very familiar with zoning and overlays. Density and affordability are issues and as an architect has a good skill set to help address these issues. Helping with homelessness. Has been involved in the temporary homeless housing solutions in Denver.
Real Estate appraiser. From Chicago, saw developers come in and ruin old neighborhoods. Moved to Denver and was saddened by the new development within the older neighborhoods. She wanted to get involved and help and put her passion to help the community. Previously a board member, interested in joining again.Leanne was voted back on the board. Remaining
Remaining 3 candidates would like to consult with spouses before committing to becoming a board member. Voting for remaining 3 candidates will be delayed until January meeting.
- · Annual membership meeting will be held on February 6th at the Oriental Theater
- · Leanne will follow up on how to get the funding for the door hangers.
- · Paul will start the conversation via email to set the agenda items for the February membership meetings.
- · Next meeting January 16, 2018